Pencils, Supply Baskets, and Fabulous Target Finds, Oh MY!



As I walked past Target's Dollar Spot, I squealed with excitement. I'm sure the other guests thought I was insane but my eyes had seen every teacher's dream. Book boxes of many colors, sparkly pencils, paper and pencil trays, and even storage boxes with teacher quotes! My fabulous finds include the following:










My fabulous Target finds from the Dollar Spot... I LOVE TARGET!











1. Pencil and Paper Baskets (6 Colors) $1






I purchased six colors to color code and to put a basket in each center. Last year my students struggled with keeping up with their pencils because they would take it to centers. I plan to consistently monitor center supplies including pencils so students have all their necessities. It also eliminates time wasting and looking for pencils. I will use the paper trays to hold supplies for each center.






2. Blank Booklets (2 sizes, Pack of 3) $3






OMG! This sturdy pack of blank books only cost $3. Wow, right? I plan to create class books this upcoming school year.






3. Flash Cards $1






I was excited to purchase the Telling Time flash cards. I'm going to use them to create a math center. Others included Space, Flags, Insects, Sight Words, and many more.






4. Certificates $1






Happy Birthday to You! I plan to make a BIG, no HUGE deal of birthdays this year.






I would also like to give more recognition to my hard working students. A "Great Work" certificate along with a nice treat would be cool.






5. Pointers $1






What a steal! I found sturdy pointers in three color for only a buck. Other retailers usually sell them for at least $3.99 each. I plan to use these during instruction and for center activities such as Big Book Center or Read & Write the Room.






6. 2 Faced Clocks (Side One: Analog, Side Two: Analog with Minutes in increments of five)






I plan to use these for centers and math instruction. Also, my kids can use them for reference during lessons.






7. Tins and Erasers $1






My kids love colored erasers. I keep them in a little tin on the supply shelf so they can get them at any time.






8. First Day of School Chalkboard Sign






This product is plain o' AWESOME! I plan to take pictures of the students on their first day of school in second grade.






I can't wait until school supply aisles are filled. It's amazing how excited teachers tend to get at the smell and sight of supplies.






Happy Teaching!


















No comments

Back to Top